Route Map

Saturday 14 August 2010

Needles and nerves

Considering I have been injected with hepatitus, yellow fever and rabies, thrown away almost everything I own and spent a week laying floorboards in the loft in an attempt to store my few remaining posessions, considering all of this I'm pretty upbeat. My ankle is healing reasonably well and I am hoping to be able to trek in Nepal, as Alex will struggle to carry me as well as our backpacks at high altitude.

We hope that everyone has a great next twelve months though we feel that in general ours will be better. We also hope that reading stories of our journeys, misfortunes and mind-opening experiences will in some way make up for the increasing hours of darkness that you have to look forward to over the forthcoming months.

In all honesty we do not know where this blog will go, what we will be doing from week to week and how often we will be able to update it, in fact we are only sure of one thing, that it is really great to keep in touch with everyone who we are lucky enough to call our friends and we would love to hear from as many of you as possible.

Cheers, Andy

6 comments:

  1. Very jealous - do you have room in your backpack for me. Have a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. why so many pairs of pants?
    love mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry - Alex will wash them for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan, Chiara and I wish you both the best of luck and hope that you take in as much as you can, enjoy every second and that you both return safe and sound in twelve months. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
    Lots of love,

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your mum mate. Five pairs of pants?? You big Lucy! Unless of course that's 5 between the two of you or better still, one normal pair and two reversies! If this is indeed the case please accept my humble apology.

    Do they sell Viz in Nepal? Better still, Razzle! I would love to see their horny Himalayan hermaphrodite spread...

    Also, I was thinking its a shame you have man-child skin and are incapable of growing a phileas fogg-esque man beard.

    Big love as always, Darren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Posting a comment 2nd time around isn't as much fun as 1st time around ...!

    First time around I was posting something about the importance of checking the size of pants (something about Alex's white lacey edged ones almost growing a size or 2 in the wash this morning [I don't like my pants "greedy"]) but it doesn't seem as funny now that I have had to fight to post a comment on their blogg ....

    For those of you that don't know, we're Ian and Sandra - the over the road neighbours cum airport chauffeurs cum absent gardeners and we can confirm that the "AA" were safely delivered to check-in and then security at T5, H'rw today (how they were in good time defeats me ...) with absolutely no tears - well not this side of security anyway - and we hope that they are now well and truly safely in the air en route to the first stop.

    We will miss you AA but wish you an amazinng, adventure filled and safe year and look forward to seeing you in a year with lots and lots of experiences to share.

    S & I
    xx

    ReplyDelete